1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everquest and Steam connection issues (May be hardware)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by *ne0n*, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *ne0n*

*ne0n* Thread Starter

OK. Let me just start out by saying that I've talked to Sony Tech Support 6 times, my ISP 2 times, and my router company (Linksys) 4 times trying to resolve this issue, and considering that most of you in here have a higher IQ than most of them put together, I figured I'd do the smart thing and ask you guys my question. Onward.

I just purchased a new computer from newegg.com, 2400+ amd athlon xp, Soyo Dragon KT333 Plus mobo, 160 gig 2mb cache hard drive, 1 gig of RAM, the like. I just got the newest version of my BIOS, successfully flashed it and what not, obviously. I have also downloaded the newest firmware for my router (Linksys Model NR041). Anyways, when I double-click on the Everquest icon on my desktop, I figured it'd automatically start downloading the patch. However, when I double-click on it, I automatically get this error message:

EverQuest file update failed. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or internet service provider for assistance.
    (patch.everquest.com:7000TCP)

* ERROR *: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.

So obviously, after talking to all the tech supports, NOTHING happens. However, I did learn where to get my new firmware, so that was cool, but other than that, they were no help whatsoever. The Steam client just says "Error: Could not connect to Steam server." Thus, I figured that these two were connected somehow. If any of you have ANY clue what I'm supposed to do about these issues as I'm very irritated about it, then PLEASE let me know. I'll give you a cookie.

2. brianF

brianF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice