Everquest/connection problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Akmorph

Not sure what is going on .. but when i play Everquest i get disconnected constanly , i play on a cable modem 512down 256up and have a NetGear Fa311 Net card ..

this is my problem , i will constantly get disconnected from the internet and then connected right back but i lose valuable time reconnecting to the servers and geting back to what ever i was doing . if anyone else knows anything about how or why this is happening please fill me in, im not too sure myself..

i never had this problem on dialup and think its possible that it could be my net card.. not sure but any information that anyone has i would be very glad to hear

thank you for your time

Please let me know if you solve this. I've heard in some cases it is their problem, not your connections.

Akmorph

I think i just found out what was wrong ..

WINDOWS XP USERS

Check your network connection and go to properties, and go to Authorization .. Then turn OFF the IEEE 802.1X firewire port.. it seems to run on the same inturupt as the game and was causing my link deads constnatly

i find this works 100% better now

suddenlt cant find the thread but check the eq site regarding isp issues if you live in the mid west. Texas and that area is having major switching problems. There is an eq thread on it at sony site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online