1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everquest

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mishuve, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishuve

Mishuve Thread Starter

Hi; to everyone that knows everquest, I go to the server select screen and press play everquest. Aout 5 seconds later abox shows up saying exactly: Eqgme has caused an error in EQGFX_DX8.DLL, if you continue to experience problems please restart your computer. ANYWAYS, I've heard that Directx 8.1 might be the problem or something with my video/sound drivers. My sound is ESS Allegro and my Video driver is MPU-401 I think. Anyone know anything about this problem? Plese leave a post or email me at [email protected] if you know anything I might be able to do. I dont know much about computers so if you do kno anything a all please say it as if I was a little baby! =)

2. omegax

omegax

Try to install the latest DirectX drivers first here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/drx90.asp

Click the GO button on the right side, then click Download right above the GO button on the next page. If this doesn't work, please post your Operating System, Graphics Card Brand and anything else that would help. Worst case, you might have to reinstall your Graphics Card drivers. regards..

-Omega-

3. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

Hi and Welcome to TechGuy Support Forums. Also please be sure to visit back here =) you never know when someone may send you a virus Knowing you are going to open anything that is sent from here. =) Also run a virus scan. I was having the same issue. A virus was changing the file size of my Direct X program. Again, Welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice