1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Every Device Loads Videos, Webpages, Etc. except my computer.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BloodyChapel, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BloodyChapel

BloodyChapel Thread Starter

For some reason, recently things with my computer have been getting progressively worse. Streams on Twitch won't load, youtube videos won't load, I'm lucky I got on this page easily. Which raises another thing. Some websites load fine. Google search loads fine, but the websites don't. I investigated and my ip configuration. I found interesting results. For one thing it thinks I have an IP that puts me 5 states away from my home and another, any speed test I do gives me a download speed less than one. Don't even ask about my upload speed and my ping, But, this is only on my computer. I don't know what the problem it.

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

If you go into add and remove programs in the control panel are there programs you don't recognize? If so can you list them here? Also have you checked to make sure there isn't a lot of dust around your CPU and vents?

3. BloodyChapel

There are some from windows, but I don't know what they do, so I'll just list everything I don't know about.
    - Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections
    - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 (There's a couple different versions. Like, a bunch.)
    - PlayReady PC Runtime x86
    - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
    - MSXML 4.0 (KB954430 & KB 973688)
    - OpenSSL 0.9.8l Light (32-bit)

I constantly check if there are foreign programs in my computer that shouldn't be there

4. BloodyChapel

Also, this laptop is cleeeeeean

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142791

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice