Every game is crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SeThMiha

I got my PC three years ago with this specs :
FX - 8300
RX 460
MSI 970A Sli Krait edition
8GB of RAM at 1866mHz HyperX Fury
Antec 600w power supply
1TB of HDD WD
Since I got it and set it up, my games have been crashing, but I was always kind of going over it. I tried many fixes to it but few months ago I decided to give a new graphics card a try. So I bought RX580 to replace my old one. But my games are still crashing, so I bought 240mm water cooling for my CPU, didn't help. While I am playing games, FPS is high and not dropping and temps are fine. I don't get any specific error message, just generic ones like sorry for inconvenience your game has crashed, and it crashes to desktop. Here is a few things I tried : reinstalling games, updating windows, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers with DDU, also tried few different graphic card drivers, disabling onboard sound devices, testing ram, testing HDD( both are perfect from testing results ), turned disk drive sleep to never, updated BIOS, I clean installed windows, tried working around antivirus and windows firewall to see if it was crashing, still no luck. Please if anyone can help, help me! Thank you!

crjdriver

reinstalling drivers with DDU
That is a mistake. Never use a third party driver program.
Next what are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12, 5V, and 3.3V values? Post these twice; once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use prime95, OCCT, or Realbench to stress test the system. I never use msi motherboards so I do not know IF your board has purpose designed monitoring software. Most board mfg do have a monitoring program on the support page for your board. Use that for monitoring temsp/voltages.
Let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps/voltages. Post the results here.

crjdriver

I got my PC three years ago with this specs :
FX - 8300
You do understand that the 8300 processor is now 8yr old AND it was not a great performer when released. AMD processors of that era were far behind intel. At least that is not the case today with the ryzen processors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online