Every game launcher drops internet bellow 0.50mbps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Janyos

So pretty much I tried playing minecraft at first, and everytime the launcher is opened (doesn't matter if activate or background), it ruins my connection on my pc.
I thought it might be their issue but now I launched up GTA V (which can't run without the launcher) and it does the same thing again! I also tried other launchers and EVERY single launcher does that. What could be the issue? I've been trying for days and nothing. No problems like it on the internet, no posts no nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried everything and I'm clueless.

I have 2 examples bellow (1st picture is with a launcher open, 2nd is without):

1606247857697.png

1606247976835.png

Tech Support Guy Utility Info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201013005455.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Hard Drives: C: 87 GB (8 GB Free); D: 931 GB (600 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0J40709 WIN, s/n PF13VAFB
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n PF13VAFB
Antivirus: ESET Security, Enabled and Updated

My friend says it's a virus. Go get several offlijne scanners to check if your onboard anti-malware reports nothing. If no online posts report of the problem then chances are high that you are infected.

Last edited:

Couriant

James
Falling short of the games needing updates, I am not sure what would cause a big drop unless you are sending a lot of data out (or in). If your ISP has the ability to see your usage in near real time, check with them, otherwise we can move your thread to the virus forum for assistance.

Janyos

Falling short of the games needing updates, I am not sure what would cause a big drop unless you are sending a lot of data out (or in). If your ISP has the ability to see your usage in near real time, check with them, otherwise we can move your thread to the virus forum for assistance.
I highly doubt that it's a virus since I am careful with what I run and download on my computer.

Janyos

My friend says it's a virus. Go get several offlijne scanners to check if your onboard anti-malware reports nothing. If no online posts report of the problem then chances are high that you are infected.
If it was a virus I would've probably noticed since everything seems normal at all times. Pretty much the split second when I close the launcher, the internet goes back up. + I am careful with what I run on my pc.

Janyos

QUICK NOTE: I will be completely formating and reinstalling windows today so I'll let you know if it gets fixed. If it does then that means that I did in fact have something weird on my PC even tho I never download sketchy things from sketchy sites.

Couriant

James
Sounds good! Does this issue happen with videos, or just games?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online