1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Every time a device is plugged in, the data inside is deleted.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by kurogami, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurogami

kurogami Thread Starter

I've had this problem for months now. Every single time I connect a device to my laptop through the USB port, all the data inside that device is deleted within seconds. It just disappeared away, it didn't go into the Recycle Bin. I've checked and this is not a problem coming from the device. Every device I use, from PSP, camera, to a random USB storage stick has gotten this problem, and it only happens with my laptop (I'm currently using my other PC).

The weird thing is, on the exact second that my files started disappearing, another file named "Recycledsuc.sys" appeared. And also, the files in my storage device didn't disappear altogether. It was deleted one by one.

I had thought that there was a virus/malware/trojan/... messing my computer up. I tried several free (didn't have the money to buy an AV program) anti-virus programs, but none helped. I used Avast! Free Edition, AVG Free 8.5, Kaspersky 2010 trial version, McAfee trial version, Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft Security Essentials, MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware. None of them detected a virus, except for Spybot S&D. That being said, the problem is still there.

Also worth noting is that, I didn't run all these programs simultaneously. I ran an AV program, then uninstalled it, then installed a new AV program and ran it. I only kept Spybot S&D and Microsoft SE. And before posting in these forums, there was another problem. Symantec Anti Virus kept popping up, trying to auto-install every time I right-click or CTRL+C or press Del (it's as if I'm double-clicking the exe file to install SAV). Though after scanning with Spybot SD and restarting my computer, that problem hasn't appeared again. I don't know whether these 2 problems are in some ways related to each other or not.

Also, here's the logfile:

EDIT: Here's the MalwareBytes' Anti Malware log:

Spybot log:
    Another Spybot log, this time for cookies/trojans that were deleted during the scan above:

2. kurogami

kurogami Thread Starter

Bump. Anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice