1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by watbraa, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watbraa

watbraa Thread Starter

hello all,
    ive been experiencing this issue for a few days now. www.facebook.com will not load. the only way it seems to load is if i clear cache and it is VERY limited almost useless. i've tried everything i could get my hands on i primarily use google chrome but this seems to be the problem on all browsers. opera,firefox,internet explorer,safari. i've tried https://www.facebook.com, checked host file, ran malwarebytes and cleared any malware, hijackthis, flushed dns, reset router etc but nothing seems to be the fix. even using a proxy site wont allow me to sign in it gets me to the home page but then cookies gets in the way. i'm almost certain it's nothing to do with the internet provider or modem/router because the internet seems to be running smooth, even other computers in the house are not experiencing this problem with facebook or any other site and they are connected to the same router. any help will be much appreciated. :)

2. watbraa

watbraa Thread Starter

im going to install windows 7. this is ridiculous

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice