1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everythihg seems LARGER!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RennyPen77, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RennyPen77

RennyPen77 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I just registered on this site, so very new to all of this. I have a problem which is driving me nuts, and I really need some help to fix it. I know it is something I hope is very simple to fix, but I can't figure it out!

I restarted my computer the other day after my 3 yo son was playing on it, and I think he has changed a setting by mistake. - Everything seems to appear "bigger"..... All my desktop icons seem a little larger, it is just very very strange.

Also, when I look at pictures in my folders, I open one, and it used to come up with some icons at the bottom of the picture to rotate the picture, or little blue arrows pointing left and right to go to the next picture etc. but they have gone too, and my pictures appear to be pixley.....:confused:

I have Windows XP but have no idea on how to get it back to what I would call "normal"...

Can someone please help me? I tried asking Microsoft but they were useless and said they couldn't help me for some reason!! :mad:

Thanks a heap

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Hello and Welcome to TSG.. Right click an open area on your desktop and then click on 'properties'.. Click the Appearance Tab at the top and make sure the font size is set to normal at the bottom.. If it's set to large or extra large just click the small triangle to the right and highlight the word normal and Ok out. If that doesn't help reply with what type monitor (flat panel or CRT) you have and someone will help you set the correct resolution.

3. spruce

spruce

Try system restore. select a date before your problem started

4. RennyPen77

Billy - Thank you for your help, but I did try that and it is set to normal, so it must be something else..... My monitor is just a normal computer monitor, not flat or anything special like that! - God, I sound like a real newbie don't I?

Spruce - How do I do system restore? That sounds like the option I need to fix it.

5. spruce

spruce

Go to start,programs,accessories system tools click on system restore.
    Select a date before your problem started, cl. ok

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

I wouldn't do a system restore, that can change settings and programs and I like to save it for last.

Right-click on your desktop and click Properties.
    Click the Settings tab.
    Change the Screen Resolution to a higher number.
    Click OK.

7. RennyPen77

I just did the system restore before reading the other posts, and guess what? IT WORKED!! :D :D :D

Thank you all so much for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Another question now: How do I "kid proof" my computer? My 3 yo son knows how to get onto the Wiggles website to play games, and I am scared he may do something to the computer that may be harmful by mistake. Is there a keypad lock or anything like that?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice