1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

everything appears vertically stretched on my screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nt9w0, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nt9w0

nt9w0 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16348 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, -1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (86 GB Free); F: 931 GB (844 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 970A-DS3P
    Antivirus: None

everything on my screen is appearing stretched vertically,i tried reinstalling the driver for the graphics card and also my screen has a factory reset option which didnt help either.im fairly certain the resolution is properly set to 1920*1080 and it seems like the image im getting is still of that resolution,but malformed somehow.what might be the cause for this?
    i dont know if this is the right thread category because i dont know what causes the problem so this might need correction too.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

go to settings, system, display and scroll down to "Display orientation" and make sure it's in landscape mode. Right above that check your resolution.

3. nt9w0

nt9w0 Thread Starter

i dont know how to find the settings/system tabs but i suspect youre talking about this screen
    http://prntscr.com/p8pcr9
    and if you are,those options are already properly adjusted,it must be something else
    (if not,how exactly do i navigate to settings??)

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Start button > gear icon is Settings

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I can't find that gear icon in my Windows 7 Ultimate. Maybe it's only in some versions?

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I have a gear icon under Programs but it is for Services, not Settings. (I don't have a Win 7 to look at only Home and Pro).

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    The picture in post #3 is the correct place to look. (The gear icon is in Windows 10, and maybe in 8).

Click on the 'Advanced settings' link in the picture and check the Refresh rate is set at 60Hz.

I found a 'driver ' for that Monitor here :- https://www.lg.com/pa_en/support/support-product/lg-E2260
    scroll down and click on 'E2260.zip to get it, unzip into a folder then go into Device Manager, click on Monitor then right-click on the revealed text > Update driver software... > Browse my computer... > Navigate to the folder you unzipped to > Next

Also there is a manual for your monitor at that website if you need it.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I'm sure Managed didn't realised he is in a Windows 7 forum and is stuck in Windows 10 mode :D

Essentially you need to go to Display Settings, which can be found by right clicking on an empty area of the desktop (if memory serves). You may want to check in Control Panel for any other display settings like Intel:

upload_2019-9-23_7-20-34.png

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I am sure that Allan (Managed) did and does realize where he is! And note that his post was after mine.

10. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I thought my post #7 was clear enough. The 'Gear Icon' is in 10 as I said.

I'm actually running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit so I did know I was in 7 not 10. :cool:

I'm just kidding James, I think you misread my post. Thank you for the support Terry ! ;)

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    it seemed that you were thinking W10... by bad! :D

12. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    No worries mate. :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!