1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everything Doesn’t Work: Kernel Data Error, .dcll, And More!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NarglesNThings, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NarglesNThings

NarglesNThings Thread Starter

Essentially, everything is wrong with my computer and I have no way to fix it. The first problem arose about a year ago. My laptop battery suddenly wouldn’t register any charge, and could only be used while plugged in. I thought that might be a battery issue, but, a few months later, I replaced the battery and still had the same issue. Next, I started getting the “blue screen of doom,” the Kernel Data Inpage Error. My laptop began to consistantly stop working after a few hours of use: webpages would stop loading, files wouldn’t open after being clicked, and then the mouse and screen would become unresponsive. Most of the time, I turn the computer off, unplug it, and restart it to resume use. However, if I left the computer on, it would either give a black screen reading “all boot options are tried,” or the blue Kernel Data Inpage Error screen (the Kernel Data Inpage Error is the rarer of the two). It would last longerer the less I used it and after repeated sessions of rebooting after freezing, it would only last a few minutes. It also took a while after startup before it could open programs or load websites, but besides this, it still functioned as a proper computer, so, while frustrated and constantly attempting to find a solution, I dealt with it. However, recently, it’s begun to have errors opening any program not factory installed with windows or Google Chrome (I have no idea why Chrome, other browsers won’t open). Originally, I received an error box that a .dll file was missing and downloaded a replacement file. While I believed that would fix the issue, I only received an updated error:

“The procedure entry point RtllsProcessorFeaturePresent could not be located in the dynamic link library

C:\WINDOWS\System32\wow64cpu.dll.”

Defeated, I decided to just factory reset my computer and be done with it. However, when I tried to refresh or reset it, it said that I needed to insert windows installation media. As commanded, I ordered a windows system disk for my specific computer. When I inserted the disk and tried to reset my computer, it said that the installation media couldn’t be used. I tried to install windows directly from the boot menu. It said that the windows drive is locked. /sfc scannow detects problems, but can’t fix them.

I have tried so many internet forums and found no fix.

I have a Samsung ATIV Book 4 running Windows 8.1

I've attached photos of some of the screen's I've gotten.

Everything doesn’t work, but I definitely can’t afford a new laptop. If anyone has any ideas on what to do to fix this, please help. I am utterly defeated and desperately need it.

Attached Files:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Boot the computer from your Windows 8.1 installation media and then do a clean install.

3. NarglesNThings

I did try that, I got error messages that it couldn’t use the installation media (I forget exactly what the message was)

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. NarglesNThings

The media works, my computer just won’t read it
    I’ve tried using the download media and the official disk, neither worked

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

If the computer cannot read any media whatsoever, there is no way to reinstall an Operating System. And without a working Operating System it's pretty much worthless. You might be able to sell some parts off of it on eBay.

7. NarglesNThings

It can read media
    It reads the windows installation up until a certain point, then says it can not continue
    I looked into it and apparently when some computers upgrade to Windows 8.1, it removes the ability to do a factory’s reset

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

You don't want to do a factory reset. You want to start over, just like it was a brand new computer without an operating system. Insert the Windows 8.1 media, turn the computer on and follow the onscreen instructions.

All PC-type computers are built this way. The MUST come with the ability to at least read CD/DVD or USB media so an Operating System can be installed. Because without it, they're pretty much junk.

9. NarglesNThings

If I’m correct, it’s saying that it can’t install the media because the computer isn’t already running windows 8.1
    Is there something alternate that I should be doing in order to start over the computer that I missed?

10. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

All Windows versions can be installed on a compatible computer. Simply follow the instructions on the Microsoft page linked to above to get started. When you get to the part of the install where it asks if you want to save what is already on the hard drive, answer No. You want to start over from the beginning with a "clean" install. (It's really not that complicated. My ten year old grandaughter reinstalled Windows on her Acer laptop this summer ... by herself).

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!