1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everything is failing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NeedHelp121, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NeedHelp121

NeedHelp121 Thread Starter

Hello! I've been having an issue with my compuyer for the past two days where I couldn't connect to the monitor through my graphics card video port. Yesterday I also tried connecting the monitor to the motherboard ports and that time it worked so I imagined it must be something with my graphics card. (The graphics card functioned finr when the computer was turned on, it just wouldn't connect to the monitor)

I up till today thought the problem was in my gpu, but today I tried to use an older graphics card in its place, to which the monitor still had no signal to. After that I tried connecting the monitor to the motherboard again and it suddenly stopped working on that too ("no signal"). And there's also another new problem that started today, whichbis the computer constantly rebooting itself.

I'd really appreciate helpful advice as I am simply lost.
    (if there are any pictures required for help I am more than willing to post them

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hello NeedHelp121, and welcome to TSG.

You are not giving us any details to work with. How about telling us:

1) The brand and model number of the monitor.

2) The brand and model number of the computer and/or the motherboard.

3) The brand and model number of the graphics card itself (not the brand and model number of the GPU chip on the card).

4) The type of cable(s) used to connect the monitor to the video card and motherboard.

5) If the computer is custom built or a modified model from a major manufacturer, the brand and model number of the power supply.

Are you getting the rebooting problem with the monitor attached to the motherboard video and no video card plugged in?

If the motherboard normally makes POST beeps during power-up, do you still get them and what are they?

Do you have an idea as to how far the computer gets into the booting cycle before rebooting?

3. NeedHelp121

The monitor brand is AOC and the model number is 240LM00012 and it is an LCD monitor
    The mother board is an Asrock h81M-DG4
    The graphics card is a Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB
    I've tried using the hdmi cable on the GTX and I tried both vga and hdmi on the motherboard
    The computer is prebuilt except some changes like the graphics card

The problem occurs both when the monitor is connected with the motherboard and when it isn't
    When I power it up it initially makes 3 beeps (1 longer followed by 2 shorter).

I don't really know how far in it runs for about a minute and a half before powering off and rebooting

Also thank you for the warm welcome

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I found a web site that claims to list the beep codes for an Asrock H81M-DG4 motherboard, but it does not include the pattern you mention.
    https://ddr4motherboard.com/beepcodes/ASROCK-H81M-DG4

The user manual linked from the Asrock web site mentions a function for turning beeps on and off but does not explain what the patterns are.
    https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H81M-HG4/index.us.asp#Manual

I suspect you have a hardware problem, but am at a loss to say what it might be.

5. NeedHelp121

I'm pretty sure that it's actually 1 beep. Thete was a sound it made right after and I just automatically counted it as a beep. Looking by the website it says memorry error, does that mean theres something wrong with my ram?

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The RAM or related to the RAM.

Uninstall and reinsert the RAM. Ensure you are using the correct slot(s) based on the number of sticks of RAM that you are using. Which slots to use will be noted in the User Manual.

Aside from that, it could be faulty RAM, or a back motherboard slot.

7. NeedHelp121

I tried reinserting it which had no effect, so I'm gonna try a sifferent stick of ram tomorrow to see if it works. Thanks for the help! I'll post a new reply tomorrow if it still doesn't work.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226519

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice