1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everything is Fubar! I give up!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by fieroturbo, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fieroturbo

fieroturbo Thread Starter

I made a video to best sum up the issues I'm having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNJrmyP8a0&feature=youtu.be

In addition, when I was playing Crysis 2 the other night, the audio had ALOT of static with it, but playing stuff like MP3's works fine. I'm running off the UX1 right now, but my PCI card is what I'd rather use. At least I can record via the PCI card's ASIO drivers, but still, it would be nice to not have to switch audio devices when I switch tasks.

Any advice you guys have would be great, cause right now I'm considering a reformat in a few weeks; with my array of audio software, that will be a severe pain :(

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

You might check the M-Audio site for updated drivers for your card.
    As far as I know,line level outputs like you have should always be on.
    That may be why you can't enable it.
    It is probably controlled by the M-Audio software.
    There should probably be an M-Audio control panel included with
    the software included with that card.
    Did you check that?
    It may be taking exclusive control of some settings.
    Also check the in game audio settings.
    You may need to select the proper device there.

3. fieroturbo

fieroturbo Thread Starter

In the video, I said I updated the M-Audio drivers, and that's what caused this chain of events in the first place. Even reverting to the original drivers didn't help.

And for the static in the game, the settings in the game have nothing to do with that. In the game the static is constant when it happens, but in Windows itself the static occurs briefly on the Windows startup sound. So far, the static is also only happening with the UX1.

Last night I removed the M-Audio card so it would re-activate the motherboard's on-board card. The on-board sound card works, but of the 3 USB audio devices I've tried, the UX1 is still the only one that works (and FYI, the other two worked with this computer prior to this crap happening). Additionally, I still cannot swap between default devices... It just won't let me choose for recording or playback AT ALL!!!

And now, I'm having ASIO driver crashes... that was the one thing that still worked, so I could at least record my music. Now I can't even do that.

It is not a hardware problem. It is not a driver problem. There is something SEVERELY messed up with Windows. I'm thinking about an SP1 reinstall.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

The video doesn't work. In any case, you can't really expect busy people to watch a movie. Jus state your problem(s) and leave it at that.

Service packs are not meant to fix problems. They are operating system upgrades and you have a different OS after than you had before. As such, the machine should be clean and running perfectly before you even attempt an SP installation. AV and other programs that might interfere should be disabled or removed.

If you don't have system backups, you should expect to lose everything at any time, most often when you least expect it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice