1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everything is in Chinese????

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Strekoza8, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strekoza8

Strekoza8 Thread Starter

Ok so this is probably me being dumb with computers, but I have a very annoying problem. Today I logged onto my laptop to find that everything is in Chinese (date, toolbar, everything). So I tried going to the language keyboards and made sure English was at the top, which it still is. I never changed any settings to Chinese (I only use English, German and Russian).
    So, difficult as it is with everything in Chinese, I tried to go to control panel to change my settings. To my despair, nothing works. I even put my region to U.S., it was there anyways. So I went to my last resort, resetting the computer to factory settings. Yes, I tried restarting, shutting it off, everything. I googled Windows helped.
    But it gets even more annoying. There is no way to reset my laptop. I have done this before with no problem with an older computer I had. I even googled the steps to reset my laptop. I even googled the Chinese word for "reset" to type into the search bar. But I just keep getting sent to Bing, which is really the last site I want to go to. This isn't a virus of sorts, is it? What is going on here??? Can anyone help out a tech handicapped person here? :/

2. Lanctus

Lanctus

Weird. Did you recently download any language packs? You may have already done this, but you can change things here. Press Windows+X key on the key board, choose Control Panel, go to Language, and select Advance Settings under Override Display Language. You will get language options to select for the language packs you have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice