1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Everything keeps closing!

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by tedwinder, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tedwinder

tedwinder Thread Starter

Hi,

Just turned my computer on and found that skype closed (usual error message). So, naturally, I tried again. Still didn't work. So I downloaded another copy of the latest BETA version and it STILL didn't work.

Some time later I happened to open System Preferences and that closed as well. AND some other programs.

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.7 Tiger. Please help!

Thanks,
    Ted

2. tedwinder

tedwinder Thread Starter

Pleae help! Its so annoying!!!!

3. VegasACF

VegasACF

Was your house built upon Indian burial grounds? Have you noticed any objects flying across the room under their own power? Are there any inexplicable "cold spots" in your domicile? Have you asked the question over at Apple's discussion board?

Yeah, um, never heard of such a thing. It sounds like the kind of practical jokes that those of us who were around in the Mac OS 7, 8, 9 days would have pulled via hidden scripts (the most common of which being an AppleScript in the Startup Items folder that told the computer to shut down), but I don't know how/if such a thing would be possible in Mac OS X. I guess I hang around with more mature people these days, so I've learned no such "tricks".

4. martybowie

martybowie

Ha! That's a new for me too. I've had a little trouble like this with the CS2 suite on my Core Duo iMac (but supposedly the software isn't compatible anyway, but it works after a little tweaking). Either way, the same thing happened--the apps would just quit unexpectantly. Do you have Adobe Version Cue installed? What's the Mac's configuration?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/498600