Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everytime a video comes on, my monitor does this

1K views 29 replies 5 participants last post by  metallica5456 
#1 ·

I have a dual monitor set up running off an ATI Raedon R7770 and if any videos are played, at all, monitor 1 (main) does whats in the picture. The only way to fix it is get lucky 1/100 and hit esc or push and hold the power button.

I've updated java, flash, and my vid card drivers and now it seems worse instead of better. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought I had fixed the problem with disabling hardware acceleration in my browsers. Was working fine then I got pop up from a sigh and bang, problems.

The thing is, my first monitor, my main, is a 21 where as the alternate is a 19. The 19 has not so great colors not to mention size. I would like to fix the issue, rather then a work around, if possible.

They are extended monitors, so I can game or what have you on the main screen and have websites up on another.

This ONLY happens when some sort of video or flash type content comes on. I usually have my browser up on my alertnate monitor but it still goes haywire like the pic no matter which I watch it in.

#7 ·
yeah it only happens when its in browsers. What I did do last night is I installed catalyst control center with updated drivers. So far so good but usually the day after new drivers it works fine then maybe a day or two later or out of nowhere it starts. I did not have the CCC installed before, not sure if that can make a difference or not.

dxdiag looks fine, no problems detected.

#10 ·
I was checking temps for quite some time. All tho my pc and card run a little warm, its no where near overheating. I use HWM and CPUID plus core temp to check it. I will how ever swap to 1 monitor and see if it works

I was using IE explorer and since have uninstalled it to use google chrome. I have no extra addons running and disabled hardware acceleration

#13 ·
well Ididn't completely get rid of IE, just took it off my desktop and refuse to use it anymore.

I was trying to figure out if it was my graphics card or something with flash, activex or something or a combo of both. Im rather certain it has something to do with the card because like 2 days after putting in a new PSU and the card it started doing it.

#19 ·
video cards are in that group of PC devices that rely on certain amount of PSU power, depending on how powerful they are. Gamers generally get high-end high powered PSU for this reason...
Well, yes I know this part lol

I have the Thermal Take TR2 600W PSU and the ATI Radeon R7700 Black edition (not the two fan one though)

I bought them together

#21 ·
I'd like to try that but its in the garage somewhere (I think) and isn't enough to power the card and not sure about if it has proper plugs either.

just thinking out loud here, wouldn't all videos or taxing things such as file conversion or gaming make it do this more often if it was the PSU?

I've run a tester on my card, forget which program, and it didn't do too bad. It finished the test but was running a little hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.