Everytime I restart my PC it goes back in time

tigerismine

My PC blue screened and ever since then, I cannot download, or uninstall anything. I checked for updates and got an error code of 0x800b0003. When I try to download, a blue screen pops up and says "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." I ran a quick virus scan and it was clear. I decided to reset my PC with the option of keeping personal info (pictures, documents) and when the PC restarted, it went back to where it all began. I know this because when I open Google Chrome, it asks if I want to reboot the tabs. It didn't say whether the reset failed or not.

After you reset your Windows, did you have to re-install Chrome? If so, the reset was successful. Keeping personal files does not include keeping installed programs.

tigerismine

The reset didn't work. Everytime my PC is shut down or restarts, it goes back to the time it blue screened.

tigerismine

here are the specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201204123645.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
Hard Drives: A: 931 GB (498 GB Free); C: 952 GB (142 GB Free); D: 0 GB (0 GB Free); E: 222 GB (222 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-IB, s/n M80-C1021600912
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

tigerismine

I shut down my PC completely last night. I turned it on, and again, Google Chrome said I had tabs closed improperly. I checked Windows Update and it wasn't giving me an error code anymore. It actually updated. Maybe it just needed a good nights sleep. But if anyone thinks I should check on something, please let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online