Solved Everytime I turn off my computer things get deleted

fkay9000

I noticed after a certain update or something on my windows 10 that everything that I download seems to default to the temp file and even if I create a new file or download something on my desktop or anywhere it gets deleted after I turn off or restart my computer but some programs like google don't. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I suspect that you are going to a temporary login, rather than your own, or you have a program that resets your computer to the last saved state.

Go to C: > Users and see if you can find folders with the same name

fkay9000

I looked in users folder and this is what I saw. Then I went on the command prompt and checked who I was using whoami it says I was the user account kayfr but I was in the temp folder.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Last edited:

fkay9000

Does that mean I am not logged in the right account I think so? And how do I log into the right account since I typed the right email and password to log on my computer.

fkay9000

Yes it appears I that has happened to me. I will check the thing you sent me on how to fix it. Although I don't remember getting that error message but the symptoms on the form seems like the same thing

fkay9000

Thanks for your help the problem is now solved but out of curiosity do you know what causes this to occur?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I am not too sure, perhaps some corruption in the authentication where it couldn't communicate to Windows server, depending on how you are set up for your password. I have seen it in the corporate world too but not too often

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts