1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Evga 8800 Gts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dlwright63, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlwright63

dlwright63 Thread Starter

as posted in another thread ive built a new system and heres the specs:

Asus P5N E SLI MB
    duo core 2 2.4 intel
    hitachi 250 GB sata
    evga 8800 GTS
    2GB corsair dual channel DDR2 800 mhz
    500 watt PSU

The win XP Pro install seemed to go ok but im having some freeze up problems.

The fan on the 8800 evga is turning but i dont feel any real exhust come out the vent at the back of the card. The card seem a little hot to the touch too. Should I feel a good blowing exhust out the back of the card? Or is it minimal and feeling hot to the touch is usual for the 8800 card?

2. trapper_87

trapper_87

Well I cant really tell the Airflow of my GPU cooler either (ATi x1950xt) but I know that ATi's catalyst can tell me the temps, and they are about 45 idle and can go WAY up in game. FOr nVidia cards I would recomend downloading NvTempLogger which will log your nVidia based temps (more info at the link). I cant tell you what temps you want to have but this thing will let you know what you do have and then you can easily check nVidia's site for what is acceptable (or a quick google search).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/571237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice