1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Evga 9400gt

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thegaminggamer, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thegaminggamer

thegaminggamer Thread Starter

Hi,

I just bought an EVGA 9400 GT PCI graphics card by Nvidia and I'm having trouble installing it on my HP Windows Xp machine. I uninstalled the onboard ATI Radeon Express 200 card, shut down my pc, opened it up, popped in the card turned it on, flipped video from onboard to pci slot in bios and tried booting... No video. Turned it off, started windows in vga mode, was going to reinstall the drivers to the onboard video and then i realized that my pc had installed the nvidia one because it was being recognized in hardware manager with no problems. I have no idea what im doing wrong, perhaps i missed something. I uninstalled the 9400 and im back on the onboard ati with no problems but I'm back at the begining no installed graphics card. Any and every help greatly appreciated.

2. thegaminggamer

3. thegaminggamer

Finally installed it and ive got the monitor working off the new card, problem is... Everything looks the same. Loaded world of warcraft and its a bit slower than the original onboard chip. What gives? Anyone?

4. thegaminggamer

Really? No one?

5. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

You say in post 3 that you have installed it. Did you also install the drivers for it that came on disk?

Jack-O-Bytes

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/937174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice