1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Evga GTX 470 startup problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ophel, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ophel

Ophel Thread Starter

Hi i just got my evga geforce GTX 470 card to day. but when i try to install the graphics drivers my computer will boot up in windows for 2 sec then i get a BSOD or it says my grapichs drivers have stopped responding :( then restarts .

I am kind of suspecting that its my power PSU which is the problem it is an its a Xilence XP 550W only has 1x PCI-E 6 pin so I had to use the 2 molex adapter that came with the card.

my system specs are:
    Mainboard : Asus P5K SE
    Chipset : Intel P31/P35
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400MHz
    Physical Memory : 4096MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
    Hard Disk : Seagate ST31000528AS ATA Device (1000GB)
    PSU: Xilence model no. XP550 Voltages/currents: 3.3V/30A, 5V/32A, +12V1/18A 12V2/20A, -12V/0.5A, +5Vsb/2.5A

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. luisemmi

luisemmi

Hi, Ophel.

I wonder if you resolved the problem with your video card, since I have the same problem as you. I tried everything, I'm desperate and do not know what else to do.

If you could help me with this, I would be grateful.

Thank you very much.

3. Ophel

Ophel Thread Starter

sorry to disapointe but i could not figure out what was wrong so i refunded my card :(

4. luisemmi

luisemmi

Thank you very much for answering. I think I'll do the same. But, you return the card and they gave you the same model, or you bought another different card

5. Ophel

Ophel Thread Starter

i just got a refund

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice