1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EVGA - NVIDIA e-GeForce 7900 GT - Pixilation/Game crashes! (HELP)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sieg, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

My Nvidia 7900 GT (Made by EVGA) has been acting up more and more, I have went to the nvidia site and downloaded the most recent drivers, and I still get random green-ish pixils, more predominant on dark colors, help!! lol, its gettin worse.

-Sean

2. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

bump - Please help.

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

Please post the specs for your power supply including a link to the unit if possible. Also, a link to the card at the eVGA website would be helpful.

4. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

The power supply specs seem to have enough power, but I couldn't get to the eVGA link you posted, just got an error message that the PDF file was damaged and could not be fixed.

Have you tried another monitor with your machine to see if the problem prevails on another monitor?

6. ultraclassic

ultraclassic

7. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

Naw, that's a diff card, mine's a GT. Correct me if I am wrong but, my link takes you to the site's PDF of my card's speccs, though it is not on sale through them anymore, nor newegg... :( Prolly faulty or something.. I dunno.

-Sieg

8. WarC

WarC

My first guess on something like this is overheating.

That card should have temperature monitoring built in. In the display options for the card, there should be an area where you can check the temp. Nvidia cards of that generation, 7x00, can typically idle at temperatures in the 50-60 degree celsius range without causing too much concern.

However, if that card idles at temps exceeding that, then there could be a problem.

Immediate solution: blow the dust out from inbetween the fins of that card's heatsink and fan.

9. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

I can't seem to find the temp gauge, any suggestions on where it would be?

-Sieg

10. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

Nevermind, found it, 44c idle.. Ima run some games and see if it rockets...

11. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

Nope.. opened 5 copies of WoW, and rapidly alt tabbed, and all it did was get to about 51c max

12. WarC

WarC

Did the weird greenish pixels show up when you tried that?

When do you usually see those artifacts? Like how long into play, or during which games? What does it usually look like?

13. IceCold

IceCold

I have had the same problem with my PNY 6800GT and CSS. I had purplish pixelations. All you need to do is MAKE SURE your using the newest drivers and make sure your not over clocked. If the problem reoccurs. Try loading another game and see if it does it with that one. If not. Reinstall WoW because your settings could've got messed up.

14. ultraclassic

ultraclassic

15. Sieg

Sieg Thread Starter

Yup, that's it, any ideas??? Should I have the drivers from nvidia, or EVGA? One of my friends was telling me there is a way to flash nvidia bios on the card and that should eliminate a lot of the issues.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/588162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice