1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Evil Ethernet Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kalypso, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kalypso

kalypso Thread Starter

Hello!
    I have been trying to figure out this problem with a particular computer on campus that we are having problems with. We have a windows 98se machine with an SML etheret card. I unfortunatly don't have the exact specs of the machine since the computer is not mine. Anyhoo...
    The problem is is that one day his lan connection was working fine but it stopped working after installing the software for his mp3 player (lucky friggin fraggin.. meh). Now the device manager has 2 drivers installed for the same card but it refuses to have just one. After uninstalling all adapters in network connections/device manager, the computer decided to install 2 drivers again. We can't figure out what the heck is going on and I'm stumped with this problem. :confused:

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!
    Oh yea.. he also has that cnbabe.dll error when he starts up his computer... just thought i'd add that.

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

what os?

boot into safe mode and uninstall ALL entries under network adapters.

reboot and reinstall and see what happens.

if using xp make sure you enable the hidden ghosted devices so that you get everything removed.

3. kalypso

kalypso Thread Starter

He's windows 98se. and that's what was done and didn't work. Everything just reinstalled itself.

Ah yes.. also the card is SMC not SML..

4. kalypso

kalypso Thread Starter

Whatever i did fixed the problem. Not that anyone helped. Just wanted to let you know my problem was solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice