1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

evil laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeverett, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeverett

jeverett Thread Starter

Ok, I've been working on this problem for at least 3 weeks now. My laptop, which was built by a compaly in Fargo N.D. (bytespeed) is acting really strange. When running off of the battery, everything is just fine, no problems whatsoever. But, then when I plug in the power adapter, it acts like it's possessed, most of the time not getting past the BIOS in post, then the power cycles and it starts all over again. Sometimes it will make it as far as the login screen for WIN2k, but then it starts cycling again. So far I've WIPE'd the harddrive, flashed he BIOS and re-installed the OS. Now I'm at a complete loss. All of the fans are working like normal, so I'm pretty sure it's not a heat issue. Any help on this will be GREATly appreciated.:confused:

2. funkenbooty

funkenbooty

From what you've described it could be that the power adapter is defective.
    I say at this point call Technical Support (Toll Free)
    1-888-658-0715

3. jeverett

jeverett Thread Starter

after it stays plugged in, it acts fine, tech support wasnt much help

4. funkenbooty

funkenbooty

is it still under warranty

5. jeverett

jeverett Thread Starter

supposedly, I did talk to the owner of the company, and he said that he MIGHT could warranty it, it depended on what caused it to start acting up.

6. rmay635703

rmay635703

If your savvy CHeck the voltage coming out of the power supply when it is under load conditions (hard to do) if its not putting out anywhere near its rated voltage you definately need another PSU.

Cheers

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If it has warranty...bring it back and refuse to leave until they take it to fix it. And then never buy from there again, it sounds like there are trying to weasel out of their warranty.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice