EWIDO vs. SPY SWEEPER

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buf

Anyone care to share their knowledge/thoughts about these two apps? Which one may be better than the other. Which is more effective? As usual, TIA.

That's a very difficult one - that's a judgement call. They are both top-notch. I think most people around here would give Ewido the edge ( nine and a half stars out of ten, versus 9 stars out of ten for Spysweeper -whether that's a justified edge is open to question). They both have a free trial use, so if I had a problem, I'd probably download and scan with both of them (individually), and one might find something the other missed, and vice versa.

You can't go wrong with either of these, in my humble opinion,

Wayne

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Both are excellent programs in my opinion. I remember reading last month's PC Magazine and SpySweeper was ranked #1.

buf

Thanks for your response fellas. I just learned tonight that EWIDO is still usableafter the trial period. Just manually download and install any updates and then run the scan. I have now done that and I have bought and installed Spy Sweeper. Both "seem" to perhaps perform different tasks but still I thought I would raise the question for you more learned folks to give feedback. Your thoughts have given me additional comfort in using both of them.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
[not a fella] ;)

But yes, At the end of the Ewido trial, the extensions of the plus version are deactivated and the freeware version can be used unlimited times.

buf

Many thanks for correcting me:eek: I honestly try not to use such means to identify someone's gender. Still tho' I appreciate such a fast response and I won't ask why such a "moniker" for a lady. I'll also try to remember my mistaken assumption. And yes, I am a "fella". (As if you hadn't guessed already.)
Happy New Year to you and all others here.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
You're welcome. :)

No worries, it's not a big deal. At least you didn't call me "dude". ;)

Have a Happy New Year!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online