1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ex works computer network issues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dirkwilson, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dirkwilson

Dirkwilson Thread Starter

My computer spec:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 4031 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 466194 MB, Free - 270238 MB; D: Total - 8686 MB, Free - 1018 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 304Bh
    Antivirus: ESET Endpoint Antivirus 5.0, Not Updated

is an old work computer and used to be on a network. I now want to run outlook without connecting to the work network but the computer keeps trying to log into the work network and will not start outlook as it states the relevant files are missing.

Please could anyone let me know how can I remove all traces of the links into the work network and revert this computer to a simple desk top, without erasing everything?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    the computer will be tied to a domain and also to the outlook exchange service owned by the company itself

Do you have access to an admin account - often work computers are setup to only allow users access to a standard account and the admin account is set by the IT dept
    Also you would be using the companies version of windows and so - what they should have done is reset the windows version to one that is licensed to the PC
    often that is on a label on the pc - windows 7 and earlier at least

Office (outlook) will also have a license thats the companies - and if you nolonger work for the company - then you should also not be using the company office license

Do you still work for the company ?

3. Dirkwilson

Dirkwilson Thread Starter

I purchased the computer and it was used on the domain due to the need to be within the network itself. I have admin rights, windows licence again purchased with the computer itself and I have just purchased the latest version of office 365.

I no longer work for the company, I have got a windows licence number on the machine though.... Still not sure how to remove the links though? or the tieing?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would suggest as you have a windows Key (for what version of windows) and a subscription to office 365 - you do a clean install on the PC
    then you will get rid of ALL the companies policies and any restrictions they may have placed on the PC

if not
    then on the PC you should be able to setup a new user
    and for domain - you may have the option to setup on "this PC" rather than actually use a domain name
    and then go from there

5. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Or, remove it from the domain ... Put it in a Workgroup.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice