Excel '03? colapse 3 colums in 1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brion dublin

I have a pricelist
it has about 1000 items on it
I need to put the information from 3 colums into 1

it won't allow me to copy and paste it. is there another way??

please help!!

thank you

Brion

ASAP Utilities has a Merge Columns function plus it gives you the option to have a separator between the original values within the new column.

Considering your other recent question, it really would be worth giving it a look.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

First Name
Jim
You can copy and paste all three columns into one if you double click on the cell and copy it while editing the cell. Try the concatenation that I showed you in your other thread.
=concatenate(cell1,cell2,cell3)

Or you could use the Concatenate formula in a 4th column and bring the data together in that column - however, be sure to copy and paste special-values afterward, or, if you were to delete the original data, your formula would reference non-existent cells and all would be lost.
Oh, Jim types faster than me...
BTW, the ASAP utilitiy is worth having - I constantly find new uses for it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online