1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2000 Formula Text Displays instead of Formula Results

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by therealt, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. therealt

therealt Thread Starter

For some reason I cannot get Excel 2000 to display the results of a formula. Only the formula text displays. I've gone to Tools-Options-View-Windows Options and checked and unchecked the Formulas checkbox. It doesn't make any difference.

Help!

Thanks,

Thomas

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Format the cell as a number, it prolly is fmt'd as text

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Also look in the formula bar, if it's preceeded by an apostrophe, remove it. Always check the formatting as mentioned (Format -> Cells... -> Number (tab) ..). Also check whether you're in formula view or not, toggle by pressing Ctrl + ~ (tilde on most 104 character keyboards).

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I assume the formula does start with =
    post the formula you have in the cell

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice