Excel 2000 - Won't Stay Open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gary_Coupe

Hi folks.
I've recently installed MS Office 2000 Premium onto a PC running Windows ME, and I have a very strange problem when trying to run Excel........

The install goes just fine, and all the other apps, such as Word, Publisher, Outlook etc are perfect. When I run Excel, however, it just dissapears after around 5 seconds.

No error message, no crash, no hanging, no probs with other programs. It simply dissapears.

I have seen this happen on another PC using Windows ME, but have never seen the problem with Win 98 or Win2k.

This makes me think it could be an issue between app and OS, and I am sure there will be a solution, although I didn't get any joy from the Microsoft KnowledgeBase.

Would anyone be able to shed a little light on the problem at all?

I would be very grateful

Thanks

Anne Troy

Anne
Knowledgebase:

Go back and type "immediately closes" using Microsoft Office 2000 as the product. Let me know if you can't find it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online