1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2002 problem with negative numbers

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Sparkle_126, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkle_126

Sparkle_126 Thread Starter

My problem is with Excel 2002 and negative numbers. This version of excel does not have brackets for negative numbers in the "format" "cells" section of Excel. I have tried changing the currancy values in the regional settings, but with no luck. Has anyone seen this problem before? Some versions of XP do have it, while others don't. It is not restricting itself to either small business, professional or standard (XP) either. I have also applied all of the updates and service packs to office.

I have looked and saw that i can do a custom format, however, does this formatting apply itself to all sheets or just the sheet, or cells that you are working on?

I really wanted to apply this format to all sheets.

Thanks

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Can you describe the format? Did you try creating a custom format.

3. Bruce319

Bruce319

My understanding of what you want to accomplish with your brackets [] can be done using parenthesis ( ) in Excel.
    You can right click one cell or highlight a range of cells then right click and select Format Cell. In the category box, select "Number". There you'll have the option of using two type of parenthesis to show a negative number instead of the negative symbol -.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/133928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice