Excel 2003 - Create a "Email" button

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laser702

I have a worksheet that I email on a daily basis as the message body (don't want to send the entire file). Unfortunately my very computer illiterate coworkers can't do this without messing it up.

I'd like a button when clicked does the following:

1. Opens Outlook
2. Sends the active sheet as the message body.
3: To: AMG-NM-CREW
4: Subject: Crew Check In
5. Closes Outlook

I'm a novice at visual basic, so please be specific how I make any macros.

laser702

I got it setup. Can you help me get rid of that dialoge box that asks for permission for Excel to send the email? I'm using Outlook 2003. I saw an earlier post mentioning CDO, and other stuff I don't get. Please respond in lay speak :)

@ slurpee: in Outlook Express, it's Tools > Options > Security, then uncheck "Warn when other apps try to send mail as me".

There may be something similar in Outlook. HTH

Duh - in the very link I gave in #4, Zack suggested using the (free) ClickYes program. Kind of a Father Dougal McGuire moment.... ;)
Oh well...thanks, bomb!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online