1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2003 Share Workbook problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by shek, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shek

shek Thread Starter

An excel file is stored on a server and is used by sevral users simultaneously.
    Users found that the file they using is not synchronized SOMETIMES.
    i.e. user A add a record and then save, user who viewing the same file at same time save the file and find nothing is added!

Have you met the same problem before?
    Are there any patch for Excel 2003?
    PLEASE HELP ME~~~
    THANKS~!

2. OBP

OBP

As you haven't received any other responses to your post, can I ask you a question?
    Have you got Access?

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Depending on the size of your organization, you may want to think about possibly integrating SharePoint Server. If your company is already utilizing that application, you have the tools necessary to do so. SPS 2007 also has a handy check-out/check-in feature as well.

HTH

4. shek

shek Thread Starter

Thanks OBP and firefytr replys.

OBP, I'm not sure, but at most case the users are using Office 2003 Professional.
    So I think they should have Access 2003 installed.

firefytr, sorry to tell you that the comany for which I severed have no SPS.
    The file just stored on a sever, and user just share the excel file by enabling the "Share Workbook" function.

5. OBP

OBP

shek, if you want to convert the Excel workbook to an Access database, whcih does support proper file sharing then let me know.

6. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

I agree with OBP that this would probably be easier in Access. Some companies are so anti-solution, they may not allow an Access transition. If this is the case, you can check if the file is open on the local machine or over a network with some VBA.

HTH

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice