Excel 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hrisula

Hi everybody,
I have some difficulties with rounding off to the nearest digit, as a result my spreadsheet is off by 1-2 pennies.
Here is the question: how can I make it so the calculations are done with say 6-7 decimal digits and the results only are displayed with 2 decimal digits. Is there a way to define this for the whole sheet, or do I have to use the ROUND function for each and every calculation on the sheet.
Any advise on this matter will be greatly appreciated
Hrisula

ROUND is the safe way. You might be able to use Precision As Displayed (Tools -- Options -- Calculation), but exercise great caution ; test on a copy of your data. (NB - affects the entire workbook).

HTH,
Andy

Anne Troy

Anne
Bottom line, tho. Don't expect your calculations to be exact AND use rounding. Rounding is never (promised to be) exact, regardless of the method.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts