1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2007 - comparing values in one worksheet to another

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Spacer_07, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacer_07

Spacer_07 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I have a spredsheet with 3 seperate worksheets. One has a huge list of properties in a column, and the second worksheet has another huge list of properties in a column. I need to know how to compare column 1 (on worksheet 1) with column 2 (on worksheet 2) and then return values that have close or exact match.

E.g

Table 1 Table 2

Sky Hotel Moon Hotel
    Golden palace hotel Golden palace hotel
    Atrium Hotel Atrium Hotel
    Beach Hotel Beach hotel

I need these values to be compared, and ones that match/or do not match to be listed on worksheet 3. E.G

Worksheet3:

Table 1 Table 2
    Golden Palace Golden Palace
    Atrium Hotel Atrium Hotel
    Beach Hotel Beach Hotel

(notice how sky hotel has not been displayed here)

If Vlookup or something similar is the formulae to use, could you tell me how to use it, as I've tried but to no result.

Thanks guys!

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

The simple answer is arrange the tables next to each other (1 in column A, 2 in column B), then use:

=A1=B1

in column C to return TRUE or FALSE.

However, I suspect it's more complicated than you're suggesting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice