Excel 2007 find, move, and delete

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jxmos

Hello,

I'm working on a project and need a bit of guidance. I have a list of devices with serial numbers that appear in column 'C'. The device name and description appear in A and B. I need to move all SNs into rows by checking for text in A or B, moving the SN to D, E, F and G in the proceeding row, then removing the rows that contain only Serial numbers. My spreadsheet has hundreds of lines. Can this be accomplished with a short macro?

1. Device description SN
2. (only SN in 'C')
3. (only SN in 'C')
4. Device Descripiton SN
5. Device Description SN
6. (only SN in 'C')

Result Example -
row 1 Device Description SN SN SN
row 2 Device Description SN
row 3 Device Description SN SN

Thank you

Dear Jxmos. Please attach an illustrative file alongwith your post as there are many alternates to Trim / Compile excel rows and columns.

jxmos

Hi, Here's an sample image.

The result would be 4 rows with 1 to 6 serial numbers in each row. Is this helpful?

Thank you!

Attachments

jxmos

Solved with:
=IF(AND(LEN(C4)>0,LEN(C5)=0),IF(D5="","",D5),"") next cell to the right =IF(AND(LEN(E4)>0,LEN(C6)=0),IF(D6="","",D6),"") and so no...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online