Excel 2007 - Losing Links

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

c3g

I have Excel 2007 on my computer but save this particular file as a 2003 file to allow others easier access. The Excel file has many hyperlinks to documents posted in the same folder. It seems like the links stop working over time. When I run my cursor over the link it is still there and also is correct in its direction. It just won't take me to the document.

I need to know if there is an easy way to correct these links or whether I have to reenter them (hope not - there are over 100) or how to keep this problem from reoccurring.

Thanks!!

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
In general a link will alwyas work unless the reference is changed somewhere.
I don't think it's version dependant but that I can't tell from here.
Do these links trigger a amcro ro just link to a file?
If it's a macro, maybe the macro security doesn't allow for macro's to be used?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online