1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2007 - Losing Links

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by c3g, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c3g

c3g Thread Starter

I have Excel 2007 on my computer but save this particular file as a 2003 file to allow others easier access. The Excel file has many hyperlinks to documents posted in the same folder. It seems like the links stop working over time. When I run my cursor over the link it is still there and also is correct in its direction. It just won't take me to the document.

I need to know if there is an easy way to correct these links or whether I have to reenter them (hope not - there are over 100) or how to keep this problem from reoccurring.

Thanks!!

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    In general a link will alwyas work unless the reference is changed somewhere.
    I don't think it's version dependant but that I can't tell from here.
    Do these links trigger a amcro ro just link to a file?
    If it's a macro, maybe the macro security doesn't allow for macro's to be used?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice