Excel 2007 Mail Merge with Word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dramatist

Okay, I've been working on this all day and feel like I'm trying to learn brain surgery. Here is my situation.

I have an EXCEL 2007 worksheet (name, address, city/state/zip as headings) saved with 85 records. I go to WORD 2007 and open a new document. Go MAIL>Start Merge, and choose "Label" and select my label (Avery 5160). I then SELECT RECIPIENTS, go to "Existing User" and find my worksheet and open it. The first label is blank and the other 29 labels have <<Next Record>>.

I then go to ADDRESS BLOCK and match my headings for the merge. All 85 of my records show up in the little preview box. <<Address Block>> shows up in the first label.

I then highlight the whole label sheet (clicking on the little corner icon in the top left corner) and change the font to Arial Narrow, 11 point, so the print will fit). Upon hitting "Preview Results", I have the correct address showing in the first label space.

Now I go to UPDATE LABELS and the <<Address Block>> shows up in the #2 and #3 label, and the #29 and #30 label for a total of five labels (1,2,3,29,30). When I preview, this is what I get:

85 pages of labels
Page 1 = Record 2,3,4 on the top row; Record 30,31 on the bottom row;
Page 2 = Record 3,4,5 on the top, Record 31,32 on the bottom;
Page 3 = Record 4,5,6 on the top, Record 32,33 on the bottom, etc. through page 85.

The rest of the labels are blank.

Any suggestions because you can stick a fork in me!!!

Thanks in advance.

Win7, 64 Bit, 8G Ram, Dell PC, 1G Video Card, all soon to have dents!

Mark

dramatist

On the Microsoft forums, a semi-fix was posted for the same problem. Go through the Mail Label Wizard and when you get to "Step Four", press "F6" and tab to the "Update Labels" and hit enter (don't use the mouse to "enter". For some reason, that propagates all the labels.

However, for 85 records, it created 85 pages of labels.

Page 1 = Record 1-30;
Page 2 = Record 2-31, etc.

So I printed pages 1, 31, 60 and got my 85 labels.

Is any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks.

Mark

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts