1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2007 Pivot Table Dates Out Of Order

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tomt66, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomt66

tomt66 Thread Starter

In the PT date list, 5/30/13 appeared after 7/31/13 in the column. Checked the source data and found that it was correctly formatted as 'dates'. The only thing I could do to get the May date to appear before the July date was to first change the source data formatting to 'General', which converted the dates to 5-digit numbers. When I refreshed the PT, 5/30/13 appeared before 7/31/13. Changing the source data back to date format and refreshing again put 5/30/13 after 7/31/13. This only happens to one date in the list, 5/30/13, i.e., the other dates are in the proper order each time I refresh. Any idea what's happening here? Thanks! Needless to say, it's a pain to have to do this workaround to get the PT to properly order the dates.

2. Center

Center

Hi tomt66, can you post something that exhibits the same behavior? Maybe take the spreadsheet you're working on, and blanking out everything except the dates and build that pivot table where the 5/30/13 is appearing after 7/31/13.

3. tomt66

tomt66 Thread Starter

Thanks Center! I'll see if I can post a stripped-down spreadsheet on Monday that exhibits this behavior. Appreciate your interest.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice