1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2007 Question: How do I auto-populate data to inidividual sheets?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Moose88, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Moose88

Moose88 Thread Starter

Hi!

I am trying to build a harvest data sheet for wildlife management implications and I cannot find out how to auto-populate data from the initial sheet to separate sheets based on the entry in one specific column.

Let me explain the data sheet in more detail; I have the initial sheet set with @16 columns containing harvest information for individual animals and broken up by individual properties. (Property "X", followed by date, age, weight, sex, etc. in columns for each specimen harvested).

Now what I would like to be able to do; I would like to enter the data under each property the first time and have three other sheets auto-populate, i.e. #1-total data set not divided by property, #2-all males, #3-all females, based on the entry in the "sex" column-'M' or 'F'.

I hope I have made the problem clear enough to understand. I know there must be a way to do this. Please help! Thanks!

2. bleep69

bleep69

It sounds to me like you could use an IF function in the other sheets to decide whether or not the data is pulled across. I use this forum for help, so take my advice with a pinch of salt though!

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Can you post a sample workbook for us to see?

Rollin

4. Moose88

Moose88 Thread Starter

Here is the blank version of the workbook. As I stated before, I need the full row of data to auto-populate to the appropriate sheet based on the value entered under column f- "sex". Thanks again for your time!

Attached Files:

5. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi Moose,
    Your first sheet, the source sheet I imagine, is sub divided in Clubs
    This will add a handicap since you'll be needing a macro which will make sure that you're picking up the correct data.
    You will have to agree that the layout must comply to specific rules if you want this 'automated' to populate.

Also, will you populate the extra sheets at every change or a bulk update?

This will also make a difference because you will need to keep track of what has been passed to the sheets and what not?

Another thing is that data to process, must all cells be filled before this happens?

You question is simple but the options are many.

6. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I did some quick and dirty coding for you.

Like I said there are resttrictions, I based my code on the currect layout of the 'By Club' sheet
    I did not take into account if the populating of the sheet as been done, so every time you run the macro the a row is added if there is data.
    The Total sheet is populated and at the same time depending upon the Mosse's sex either the Bucks of the Antlerless sheet is populated.

This will only occurr if all cells A through Q are filled (conatin data) else the row will be skipped.

I would suggest adding an extra column R theat contains a True value if it has already been used to avoid duplication but I suggest you try this first.

Just added the extra option, Column R will contain an X if it has been processed, if you remove the X and run the macro again the you'll get a duplication.

Happy hunting :)

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1033235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice