1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

excel 2007 (SUM FORMULA on all workbook)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by poppea, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. poppea

poppea Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have on a workbook many sheets.
    Every sheet contains tables with SUM A formula.
    I want to create a cell on a different sheet where it gives me the SUM of all the cells on my workbook where the SUM A formula has been implemented.
    Is that feasible?

Thx

2. BansheeHand

BansheeHand

Oh, yes. Just type the sum formula on your desired cell, open parenthesis and then navigate to sheets you desire and click on the cells that you desire to be summed up. You will notice that they will be added to your formula bar. When you are done adding your cells, close the parenthesis and press ENTER. You will have the sum of all your cells.

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there!

We need more information. Are the cells in the same location in each worksheet? If so, you can use...

Code:
    =SUM('Sheet1:Sheet3'!A1)
    If they're not in the same location we definitely need more information, especially regarding your data structure. We may need VBA to do this (aka macros).

HTH

4. poppea

poppea Thread Starter

Ok, here's more detailed information... hope it will guide you better.
    I know that I can do sum & click on each cell of every different sheet.
    But this is tiresome & i want excel to help me by autoselecting directly the cells on different locations in different sheets but the cells i want to sum all have the same formula COUNTA(X;Y).
    X & Y change in every table & the location of these cells containing the formula change on each sheet. I have 6 to 7 such cells on each sheet and the nb of sheets will grow daily cos it's a daily blasting & painting report i'm updating every day.

5. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

I think we still need more details on your data structure. Because like I said, if you end up having a good data structure, we can use formulas, otherwise we'll be using VBA.

What are the ranges of your COUNTA() functions? Are they common? Can you just reference those ranges? Or will we need to look for the actual formulas? A sample file would help...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice