1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2010: Cell Date Change with Current Date

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bsimon, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsimon

bsimon Thread Starter

I'm working on a spreadsheet that lists monthly recurring expenses. I have one cell on the sheet listing the current date (using the "=Now()" formula), but I'd like to have the other cells change at certain times throughout the month.

For example, if one cell currently says "April-15", when the actual date reads "April-16", the respective cell would change to "June-15". This way, whenever the spreadsheet is viewed the next recurring payment date will be seen.

I know this is the wrong tool for something like this - I'm using SharePoint at the office with a calendar list with workflows that shoot off emails in a much better put together format - but this is just for home use and I'd like to keep it all in one document if possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. CodeLexicon

CodeLexicon

The way I read it was that you have fixed recurring payment dates, so you just want to know the next date based on the day today. Hope the attached might assist.

You need to list the payment dates somewhere and then the formula looks up the next date. You might want to look up today plus 1 (or something) to reflect the fact that if the next payment date is today, there's a good chance you'll not get any unplanned payments on that run.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice