Excel 2010 - No Pivot Table Field List

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bmaltz

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a pivot table on some data and when I select the data and click on Insert Pivot Table, it opens a new sheet in my workbook for the new Pivot Table, but there is NO Field List to drag fields into the pivot table. And, yes, I do have the Pivot Table box on the left selected, but NO Field List.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

Look on the far right of the ribbon (looking at your screen shot) Field List is there. You have to have focus on the pivot table.

bmaltz

Hi, the screen shot shows that the active cell is in A6, which is inside the pivot table area. Yes, the ribbon does show that the Field List SHOULD be displayed, but it is NOT being displayed - that's the problem.

Ok perhaps the settings have the field list 'detached' from the spread sheet. Play around with the restore/minimize, clicking on field list and see if the field list is hidding somewhere.

bmaltz

that's a good idea, but when I tried it, still nothing. Assuming I was doing it properly:
clicked into the pivot table, whcih SHOULD activate and display the Field List
hit Ctrl-Space to bring up the window menu and selected Move
used the arrow keys to try to move the window - the whole Excel window moved, NOT the Field List window

I was talking about the the 'maximize' restore thing. Then minimizing resizing and clicking on the Field list button. If this must be done with short cuts. Field List: Alt+JT, L

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online