1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2010-startup file gives "not enough resources"

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Whitey01, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whitey01

Whitey01 Thread Starter

When opening an Excel worksheet as a startup file, get a message saying there are not enough system resources. If I open the file not as a startup file, it does not give this message. Has anyone had any experience with this error. Looked through pages of data on resources in MS KB but didn't find a solution to this particular one.

Thanks for your input.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 11461 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 8610G, 768 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 931539 MB, Free - 817426 MB; D: Total - 21284 MB, Free - 2138 MB; F: Total - 1907695 MB, Free - 897099 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 22C7
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. Whitey01

Whitey01 Thread Starter

This is an update on the resource error message: if I load an alternate file to start up first, both files open correctly and I get no error message. But without the alternate file opening first, I get the resource error message. Does that ring any bells?

3. draceplace

draceplace

Is the one failing to open large? Contain macros?

4. Whitey01

Whitey01 Thread Starter

No, it's not very large. Many of the worksheets are much larger. It does have some simple macros, but others which don't have this problem have more involved macros, and with12 GB of memory, it really shouldn't be a lack of memory.

5. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Does the file that cause the error run any particular macro whet starting up?
    What happens if you open it pressing the Shift + Ctrl key, will it open without the macros running?
    Have you checked if there is an endless loop? That gave me the same error once.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice