1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2013 - Data Validation HELP

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ozzrek, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzrek

ozzrek Thread Starter

Hi,

Please see the attached pic.

In the workbook I am working on in the pic there are 3 pages

page 1. is what looks like the main document that is worked in and it has a drop down menu that I would like to add vendors to a preexisting list (but I can not figure out how)

page 2. is a list of venders mot NOT all of which are in the drop down menu already (if I edit the list the changes do not effect the corresponding vendor that are already listed in the dropdown menu on page1)

page 3. named "sheet 1" seems to be blank and have no function

** in the picture you can see that I highlighted the "VENDOR:" drop-down and right bellow that I am showing the data validation for that drop-down.

I would really like to be able to edit this drop-down list.

Can someone please point me in the right direct?

Let me know if you need any further information!

Thanks a million!

Attached Files:

2. DataBase

DataBase

In my opinion the nest way to create validation lists is to create a new sheet I usually call it ValidationSheet, create all your lists in this sheet so for example if you wanted a list of vendors you can enter them in column A

Say for example you had a column heading called Vendor List in A1 and a list of Vendors from A2 to A7, you can then highlight A2 to A7 and give that range a name such as 'VendorList' then when you create a validation list, you can say '=VendorList'

see the attached workbook this will show you what I mean

if you need help with what you currently have, please upload the file (remove sensitive information) and we can try and help.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice