1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel 2016 to send Outlook email reminders on various dates

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jodym3500, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodym3500

jodym3500 Thread Starter

I'm in HR and I have a spreadsheet that incorporates staff information commencing, with each month in a new sheet. Unfortunately, department managers are forgetting to do staff reviews at 3mth, 5mth or the 6mth probation. I've entered formula to calculate these dates from the staff commencement date.
    Now I need to find out if I can have some sort of Macro or VBA coding to email me a reminder to contact the managers a week prior to the the review/probation dates.

Please help! I have no idea with coding/programming etc.

Attached Files:

2. DataBase

DataBase

Try the attached, one thing to note that you had the probation dates in the wrong place

6mth, 3mth and 5mth

so I changed it to 3\5\6

when you open the workbook the macro will run and generate an email IF any dates is below or equal to 7 and above or equal to zero. Meaning that there is a week until the review is required. This code will fail if the review date is in the past, this can be changed to tell you that a review date has been exceeded.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1174912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice