1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel and hyperlinks

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jazzek, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jazzek

Jazzek Thread Starter

Hi,

I want to ask you one question. I am putting hyperlinks to my Excel 2000 file. To be more precise I am linking images to my Excel sheet. And I would like to know HOW to force Excel to REMEMBER my chosen folder (the one in which I keep my images), and type of picture files (eg .jpgs) from which I am taking my pictures? It is very annoying to fix the catalogue and type of files again and again and again.... :(

I would be very grateful for your help :)

Jazzek

2. rbeaufor

rbeaufor

This may be rather archaic, but whenever I insert a hyperlink to a file, the next time I try to insert a hyperlink, the former file appears in the list of <recent files> that comes up in the excel 2000 <insert><hyperlink> dialogue box.

At that point if you click <recent files>, then the previous file and browse for <files> It brings you back to that folder.

Of course I then have to pick JPEG files from the dropdown list to specify file type.

Dd that save you any steps?

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    It'll change your other apps as well, but I suspect you won't mind.

Open Word.
    Tools-Options, File locations.
    Change the pictures folder...

4. Jazzek

Jazzek Thread Starter

Thanks both of you for your answers :) Those tips are very useful to me.

BTW Speaking of changing folders in Word. I would like to ask you, dreamboat, if you know how to do the same trick - change "Input" directory, in FrontPage? It always begins with MYWebs while I do keep my htmls in different folder

Yours

Jazzek

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    LOL.
    No, but if you find a way....I'd like to know it!
    What version? I'll look around.

Hmmm....nope. Not in XP there's not.

I've always just given in.

6. Jazzek

Jazzek Thread Starter

Hi dreamboat

i do work with FrontPage 2000, version 4-point-something-something :) and Windows 98... Of course I can change those catalogues all my life, but its boring :) I think i will put this as a regular thread on more specific catalog of tech guy... Maybe then somebody will tell US :)

Take care and thanks

Jazzek

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice