1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel array help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by KGray32, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KGray32

KGray32 Thread Starter

I'm in need of help. Here is the situation. I have a workbook in excel that has two columns of times in 24 hour format. These two columns of times need to be incremented by five minutes everyday. I was thinking that you could do that with an array. Would this be right? and if so can someone help me get started with the code. I have Excel 2003. Thanks.

2. OBP

OBP

Hello KGray, can we be quite clear on what you want the Macro to do please?
    Do you want the Macro to increment the Times that are currently being stored in the 2 Columns?
    Or do you want to add the Incremented Times on to the bottom of the 2 Columns?

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Why can you not use a formula? Time is expressed as a fraction of a number, but it is numeric after all. 24 hours is one whole number, so 12 hours would be 0.5, so you can find five minutes that way.

HTH

4. KGray32

KGray32 Thread Starter

Creating a formula is not the hard part I am just having trouble geting it to post in the columns. There are like 25 times in each column. I want everyother cell in each column to add 5 then update that cell. I tried a macro but that did not work. Thanks again.

5. OBP

OBP

KGray, you do not state in which row you wish to start the Incrementing, the attached workbook has a macro that increments every other Row starting at Row 2.
    It can be run by pressing Ctrl + a.

Attached Files:

6. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

You can still do this by formula. No VBA needed at all. Check out the MOD() function.

7. KGray32

KGray32 Thread Starter

Hey I really do appreciate the help to all. Thanks a bunch.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice