1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel Auto complete help!!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by n2gun, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

Have an excel written sheert. Two columns are for names. There is some sort of auto complete being used and some names fill when typing them in. I can not find the file. I would like to edit it and add some and remove some names. I looked in options and it is not listed there. Help please!! TY :confused:

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

You mean add/edit the autocomplete listings? They are taken from the values found in the current column you are in, not in a specified list.

3. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

YES thats what I mean Want to edit it if possible>

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

You can turn it off or leave it on (Tools | Options | Edit {tab} | Enable AutoComplete for cell values). It's built off your values, so the only way to change it is to limit what you enter in that column.

5. n2gun

n2gun Thread Starter

Thanks That is about what i figured. Sure don't hurt to ask. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/562930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice