Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excel - Auto export data into specified excel sheet

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  computerman29642 
#1 ·
Im wondering if it is possible to do this before i start trying...

I recieve an email containing an excel sheet containing several peices of info such as:

Name
Surname
ID

Etc Etc... Now when i open this.. i need the information posted into specified columns in a new excel document where it will have

NAME | SURNAME | ID |
-------------------------------------------
STEVE NORTH 01874

Any help given appreciated.

#2 ·
I gather that what you are wanting to do is transpose the data from reading down to reading across? That is, change something like
-
-
to
1|2|3 ?
If that is the case - and you need to make sure that every group of information has the same number of lines for this to work (you can't have some people with addresses that take up 2 rows, say, and other that take up 3 rows) - then get this free add-on for Excel:
ASAP Utilities
It has a large number of built in functions and works like a charm, and one of those is in the section Columns and Rows, Advanced Transposer (screenshot here.)
Using this, you just say how many columns to change your one column into.

#3 ·
No, this is not what im trying to acheive.

We get sent a simple excel doc that needs data to be input into a seperate excel sheet.. is there a way to automate this process and put the correct data in specific field?

#4 ·
You have given me almost no idea of how the data in your "simple excel doc" is laid out, nor how it differs from how you want to have it in the long run, so I can't tall you how to do it right now.
It is almost certainly possible to do what you ask, but I need to know more.
Could you post a file with (fake) data as you receive it and also with a second worksheet that shows how you need to have it laid out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.