1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Excel caused an exception 10H

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bvaldez, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bvaldez

bvaldez Thread Starter

I received the error message "Excel caused an exception 10H in module Excel.exe at 0157:xxxxxxxx" while trying to print this excel sheet. I feel it is a setting in Excel itself as I can print this fine from 3 other computers and 3 computers have generated this error which proceeds to shut the program down. It was sent via an email as an .xls and I tried doing a "save as" and opening it in Excel instead of from the email, but neither method works-gives the same eror message. I searched MS knowledge base with no luck. Has anyone ever seen this and do you know how to fix it. OS is WIN95 and computer specs vary.:confused:

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Fix "this" problem specifically? After about 30,000 tech support calls, I've never heard this one specifically, but it doesn't surprise me.

Fix many other issues of unknown origin? Yes.

Excel Troubleshooting

3. bvaldez

bvaldez Thread Starter

After searching the web several different ways, I finally found something related, not exactly like, but related to my problem. It pointed to outdated print drivers. I tried switching the printer on one of the computers I was having this trouble with and it worked. I then went to the computer in question, downloaded some updated print drivers, and wha-la! The spreadsheet in question now prints. I could not find a hit on my specific error message/code anywhere, but thanks for the web site. I will add it to my favorites since this is one I have never seen before. Consider this one resolved. :p

4. matayus

matayus

I have come across an almost exactly similar problem, "Excel caused an exception 10H in module Excel.exe at 017f:xxxxxxxx", however this error was caused by the copy (ctrl+c) and paste into a new email in Outlook. The result crashed Excel and the new letter resulting in this error.

Unfortunately it doesn't happen to do with printing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice